An Educational Audiologist is a licensed professional with expertise in the evaluation and management of hearing problems in infants and children.
TCESC Educational Audiologists provide services free of charge for Trumbull County children from birth through high school.
Audiological services include:
If you have questions and /or concerns related to your child’s speech/language or hearing abilities, please contact your child’s school speech pathologist, or call the TCESC speech, language & audiology department.
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations to identify and manage hearing loss.
- Parent and teacher education regarding hearing loss and its impact on learning.
- Recommendations for hearing aids and school amplification equipment.
- Instruction for students and school personnel regarding classroom usage of amplification devices.
- Creation and implementation of programs for the prevention of hearing loss.
- Participation in multidisciplinary teams regarding classroom management of hearing loss.
- Evaluation of classroom acoustics and recommendations for improving the listening environment.
- Referrals to medical and community resources.