This online workshop will allow teachers to meet the NCLB Highly Qualified Teacher criteria in a specific content area. The format of this workshop is designed to create both value and convenience for participating teachers by allowing them to work independently while reflecting on their teaching practice and creating practical materials for future use.
This course is designed to:
- Allow participating teachers to create practical application materials for classroom use.
- Allow participating teachers to tie the mandated HQT teacher training to the district’s goals related to student achievement.
- Offer challenging and interesting content for both new and veteran teachers.
- Compliment other training opportunities to enable participating teachers to build on the past and prepare for the future.
This course provides 45 hours of effective professional development that participating teachers base upon their own data-driven needs and link to their daily practice in their specific content areas.
The Ohio Standards for the Teaching Profession guide teachers as they reflect upon and improve their effectiveness throughout their careers. They also serve as a basis for high quality professional development to meet individual educational needs.
Participating teachers will complete assignments that address each of the standards in relationship to the specific content area in which they wish to be highly qualified. TCESC offers one course that requires participants to read professional articles, create lesson plans, create assessments, create rubrics, etc. The course and assignments are the same for each content area. Participants complete the course focusing on each specific subject area. For example, one participant may complete the entire course focusing on mathematics. (all math lesson plans, rubrics, etc.). Another participant may complete the course focusing on science.
There is a non-refundable $105 charge for the workshop. This is payable via the PayPal link on this page.
- After submitting the non-refundable $105 payment via the PayPal link on the this page, email email@example.com to receive the enrollment key for the course.
- Create an account in Moodle using your own email and password.
- Enter the course titled HQT Content Specific Course that lists Carlotta Sheets as the instructor. You will use the enrollment key to enter the course.
- Complete all readings and assignments. Upload your assignments for each standard in the module that addresses the standard. Be sure to follow the formatting guidelines outlined in Module 2.
- Coursework may be started and completed at any time. TCESC recommends that the course be completed within a three-month period.
- When coursework is completed and uploaded to Moodle, please contact Carlotta.firstname.lastname@example.org with notification that your work is ready to be evaluated.
- Upon satisfactory completion, TCESC will issue a certificate for 45 hours of professional development.