Trumbull County Educational Service Center provides information on various scholarships offered locally.
Trumbull County Combined Scholarship
The Trumbull County Combined Scholarship includes the following scholarship programs:
- Paul A. Watson Scholarship (First Place Bank)
- Rotary Club Of Warren
- Loren Hunter (Warren City Students Only)
- Stanley L. And Grace A. Woofter
- Marae Ohl
- Trumbull County Scholarship
General Scholarship Information Requirements
A. To be eligible, applicants must be residents of Trumbull County or enrolled in a Trumbull County School.
B. The scholarships are granted without regard to sex, race, or creed.
C. Considerable weight will be given to estimates of potential for success in a chosen field rather than to high school grade point average or to final class rank.
D. The scholarship funds will be paid by the scholarship foundation directly to the school selected by the recipient.
E. Completed applications and the specific scholarship requirements listed below must be returned to your high school counselor. School counselors must submit completed applications for all the scholarships listed above to Debi Patchin, Administrative Assistant, TCESC, by the date listed on the application, which is available in the column on the right.
F. In addition to the application, the following must be submitted:
- Transcript (high school or college) showing grade average, class rank, and ACT and/or SAT scores.
- One (1) letter of reference from a teacher, counselor, or school administrator.
- Brief Essay-On a separate sheet(s), choose a personal strength and relate it to your career goal. Include life experiences that have influenced your future plans. Print clearly or type essay.
- Most recent W-2 form of parent(s) and/or guardian(s), & self.
The consulting firm of AES Engineers is committed to continuing its support of higher education by providing scholarships to deserving students.
To be eligible the student needs to answer one of the essay questions that they will find on our site at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
Our belief is that achieving a high grade point average should not be the only criteria for determining who deserves to be helped. For that reason we are offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluating the essays that are submitted.
Amount of award: $500.00
Deadline for entry: October 4, 2013
Further information, including previous winners, is available on our web site at: http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm