|Trumbull County Educational Service Center (TCESC) employs licensed Speech-Language Pathologists, who are trained to evaluate and treat speech and language disorders in children.
Speech therapy services are available free of charge to preschool and school-aged children enrolled in Trumbull County schools.
Children displaying a variety of communication problems that affect their success in classroom speaking, writing and learning activities may receive speech-language therapy services.
A Speech-Language Pathologist addresses language disabilities including vocabulary, grammar and socialization; articulation disorders; dysfluency; voice disorders; oral-motor functioning; auditory memory and processing; hearing impairments; and assistive technology and augmentative communication devices.
Speech Therapy services include:
- Diagnostic services for students aged 0 – 22 years.
- Parent and teacher education regarding student’s communicative needs.
- Individual Education Plans for qualifying students under current federal and state regulations and local policies.
- Collaboration with teachers and other school staff.
- Staff inservices about preventive measures and classroom strategies.
- Outcomes documentation for students with communication disorders.
- Medical and other professional referrals for the remediation of speech and language disorders.
- School age children, who have speech/language/hearing disorders that adversely affect their progress in the classroom may be eligible for services under IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Act).
Special Notes for usage:
If you are prompted for a password just click cancel. It sometimes works best to download a form by right clicking on the link and selecting save target as.