As a service to school districts in Trumbull County, TCESC helps to credential substitutes for Bloomfield Mespo, Bristol, Brookfield, Champion, Howland, Joseph Badger, LaBrae, Lakeview, Liberty, Lordstown, Maplewood, Mathews, McDonald, Newton Falls, Southington, Trumbull Career and Technical Center, Weathersfield and TCESC. Individuals wishing to serve as substitute aides in any of the above districts must complete the proper paperwork and training through TCESC.
Individuals wishing to work in Warren City Schools or Girard City Schools should contact those districts directly.
If you have any questions, please contact the human resources secretary at 330-505-2800 ext. 140.
Individuals who would like to be considered as substitute candidates must provide the following items as part of a credential file. Links for these documents are found in the blue box on the right.
- TCESC Substitute Application.
- A Valid Educational Aide Permit. Educational aides may secure a one-year license for $25. After securing two consecutive one-year licenses, aides may then secure a four-year license at a cost of $100. The licensure application and payment must be completed and submitted online through ODE.
- Please be aware of the following items when preparing to do online licensure renewals or applications:
- Before beginning the online licensure application/renewal process, contact Nancy Homlitas, human resources secretary, at email@example.com or 330-505-2800 ext. 140 to receive the codes and information necessary to complete the online process.
- You must have a SAFE account. It must be set up and active before you can complete an online renewal or apply for any license. It can take a few days to activate a SAFE account.
- Your background checks must be current. View information about background checks here.
- You will need a method of payment. ODE will accept Mastercard or VISA.
- When selecting the effective year of the license, please select the school year in which you wish to work.
- For complete information about online license applications/renewals, click here to visit the ODE website.
- A Satisfactory Criminal Record Check. TCESC conducts both Ohio and federal criminal records checks as required by law.
- An I-9 Employment Verification Form. This form must be completed in the TCESC office. It requires proper identification. A passport alone is sufficient identification. If you do not have a passport, you must have a driver’s license and a social security card or a driver’s license and an original birth certificate. Photocopies of these documents will not be accepted.
- Substitute Acknowledgement All substitute candidates must read carefully and sign this document to be considered for placement on the satisfactory and credentialed substitute list that TCESC provides to school districts.
- Emergency Contact Information. TCESC provides this form as a courtesy to substitutes. This information is helpful in the event of a medical emergency while substituting in the classroom. You may choose to print this form, complete it and carry it with you when you substitute.