General Social Studies
People in Societies
Note: See the Viking Treasure Chest for activity oriented web resources directly aligned to Ohio Content Standards.
- Animated Atlas
- CIA's Homepage Includes Test your Geography Skills, Try A Disguise, Break the Code and Word Puzzles.
- Arthur, Connect the World a card matching game to learn about different countries and cultures.
- Expeditions Activities based on National Standards
- Find Your Longitude
- Flag Detective
- Flag Game Select the Nation
- Flag Tag Choose a level (beginning, intermediate, or advanced) and then let the computer pick random countries. Identify and click the correct flag.
- FunBrain Where
- Funschool Geography Games On this page, you'll find Capital Field Trip, Capitals, Flag Flags, Where in the World Is?, U.S. State Detective and more.
- GeoBee Challenge "Come on out and play in the new GeoBee Quiz! Show your geography smarts right here online. Each day we'll post five new questions from the National Geographic Bee. Some of the questions are real stumpers, but it's okay if you miss a few you can play as often as you like."
- Geography Quizzes Scroll down the list and check your knowledge of Places in the News, Country Capitals, Historical Geography, and Rivers and Lakes.
- GeoNet Questions in the GeoNet game are organized into six groups, following the National Geography Standards. This is a great place to build an understanding of geographical concepts in a global context.
- Geo Spy Your students have 180 seconds to name all fifty U.S. states with the click of a mouse. Or try the countries of the world; continents are also available. Let students retry their games to reinforce geographic locations.
- How Much Do You Know About the World?
- Map Games
- My Wonderful World Games
- Owl & Mouse Online Map Games