As a service to school districts in Trumbull County, TCESC credentials substitutes. Before beginning the initial credentialing process, substitutes should review this webpage thoroughly and contact Juli Hickman, human resources secretary, at [email protected] or 330-505-2800 ext. 140 for the information necessary to complete the online aide permit process. Individuals wishing to work in Warren City Schools or Girard City Schools should contact those districts directly.
Individuals who would like to be considered as substitute candidates must provide the following items as part of a credential file. Links for these documents are found in the right column.
This is the TCESC employment application that is completed online in a system called Frontline.
Educational aides may secure a one-year educational aide permit for $25. After securing two consecutive one-year educational aide permits, aides may then secure a four-year license at a cost of $100. The educational aide permit application and payment must be completed and submitted online through the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) OH|ID portal.
Please be aware of the following items when preparing to apply for an Ohio educational aide permit or when renewing a permit:
- To apply for an ODE educational aide permit, you must have an OH|ID account. It must be set up and active before you can complete an online renewal or apply for any license. It can take a few days to activate an OH|ID account. Instructions for establishing an OH|ID account are available here.
- Your background checks must be current within the past year. View information about background checks here.
- You will need a method of payment. ODE will accept a credit card, debit card or an electronic check.
- When selecting the effective year of the educational aide permit, please select the school year in which you wish to work.
- For complete information about online license applications/renewals, visit the ODE website.
TCESC conducts both Ohio and federal criminal records checks as required by law.
All substitute candidates must read carefully and sign this document to be considered for placement on the satisfactory and credentialed substitute list that TCESC provides to school districts.
An I-9 Employment Verification Form
This form must be completed in the TCESC office. It requires proper identification. A passport alone is sufficient identification. If you do not have a passport, you must have a driver's license and a social security card or a driver's license and an original birth certificate. Photocopies of these documents will not be accepted.
When you substitute, you will be required to do payroll paperwork. For direct deposit purposes, you will be asked to provide a voided check or a bank print out that includes the routing number and account number. If you are substituting in a TCESC classroom, you will complete all of this electronically through Frontline Central.
TCESC provides this form as a courtesy to substitutes. This information is helpful in the event of a medical emergency while substituting in the classroom. You may choose to print this form, complete it and carry it with you when you substitute.