Reporting Accidents & Injuries
TCESC is committed to the safety and health of its employees. We make every effort to comply with relevant federal and state occupational health and safety law. We ask all employees to:
- Exercise maximum care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Contact your supervisor and seek first aid for all injuries, regardless of how minor.
- Use safety equipment provided for your use.
- Conscientiously observe all safety rules and regulations at all times.
When An Accident or Injury Happens
If you are involved in an accident or are injured while working, you should:
- Seek prompt medical attention or first aid, even if the injury appears minor.
- Immediately (within 24 hours) report the incident to your supervisor. Complete the Employee Accident/Battery Report in Frontline and submit the report to the human resources department as soon as possible. Reports can be faxed to 330-505-2814.
- Call CorVel at 1-800-275-6463 to report your injury. (CorVel is the Managed Care Organization responsible for the management of your Ohio Workers' Compensation claim.)
- Be sure to present your Corvel ID card to the medical provider when you seek treatment. You must contact CorVel MCO prior to beginning treatment or the cost of your medical treatment may be your responsibility.
If the injury requires emergency medical treatment, seek the treatment first. Then contact your supervisor and complete the Employee Accident/Battery Report as soon as possible. You must contact CorVel MCO at 1-800-275-6463 within 24 hours of your initial emergency treatment.
TCESC provides Injury Reporting packets in each of our classrooms. This packet contains forms that must be completed when you are seeking medical attention.
A list of preferred providers is available in the blue box on the right of this page.