Educators must now renew and apply for licenses through ODE using an online system called OH|ID. After creating in OH|ID account, individuals use the CORE App to apply for a license.
Note: If your application requires an e-signature of a superintendent, Local Professional Development Committee or college education dean, that individual must be an e-signer before you can submit your application online. Find e-signers.
Please be aware of the following items when preparing to do online licensure renewals or applications:
- You must have an OH|ID account. It must be set up and active before you can complete an online renewal or apply for any license. It may take a few days to activate an OH|ID account. When an educator creates an OH|ID account, the system will ask for a date of birth and the last four numbers of his/her Social Security number. It will also ask for the Ohio driver's license or a state of Ohio identification number (available from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles). Individuals without one of these forms of identification may take longer to process. There are instructions within the OH|ID account creation menu about uploading other forms of identification.
- Your background checks must be current. View information about background checks here.
- You should know who will be your e-signer. If you are an educator renewing a license, your e-signer will be a representative of your LPDC. You will search for and select your district LPDC as a signer. If you are a substitute teacher or aide, the Trumbull County Educational Service Center will be your e-signer. You can contact the TCESC human resources office for complete information about renewing your license.
- You will need a method of payment. ODE will accept Mastercard or VISA.
- Pay attention to the date that you want your license to be issued.