TCESC’s required substitute training workshop is available in the Schoology online learning platform.
- The online workshop can be done at any time of the day or night.
- Individuals must have an access to the internet and an active email account in order to complete the online workshop.
- Individuals must register with TCESC for the online workshop.
- There is a non-refundable $20 charge for the workshop. This is payable via PayPal, available on the right side of this page, or via a $20 credit card payment.. If you are paying by credit card, you may combine payment for the workshop with payment for the background checks. If a substitute is having both Ohio and federal background checks done and completing the workshop, the substitute may pay for all these items via one credit card payment for $90 at the time background checks are completed
- Individuals will be issued instructions and an access code to enter the online workshop after payment is made.
The following individuals may be excused from the requirement to complete the substitute workshop:
- Individuals who have completed the workshop within the last five years and have documentation of that completion.
- Retired teachers who have been retired for less than five years. Retired teachers must provide a letter, written on school letterhead and signed by a district administrator, that documents the years of teaching service.