2024 nominations are accepted through March 31st!
More than an award, the Ohio Teacher of the Year program offers a way for schools and community members to elevate the teaching profession and recognize exceptional teachers as leaders advocating for student success and public education.
All nominees will receive an official 2024 Ohio Teacher of the Year Nomination Certificate, a copy of their nomination, and an invitation to apply to the Ohio Teacher of the Year program.
Candidates who apply must:
- Hold a valid Ohio Professional Teaching License or a Career Technical Teaching License.
- Be currently completing their tenth year or more of teaching.
- Be employed full-time in a state-approved public school, community school, or career-
- Work directly with students for at least 50 percent of their contracted time.
- Have received no previous Ohio Teacher of the Year recognition and
- Plan to continue in active teaching status.
Did you know? Each of Ohio’s 11 State Board Districts will select one teacher to be recognized as
their State Board District Teacher of the Year and candidate for Ohio Teacher of the Year. The
cohort of State Board District Teachers of the Year will have opportunities to engage in professional learning and networking statewide. The Ohio Teacher of the Year will also apply as a candidate for the National Teacher of the Year and participate in professional activities as part of the national cohort of State Teachers of the Year.
It all starts with you! Anyone may submit a nomination. School administrators, colleagues,
community members, parents, or students may nominate one or multiple teachers from a district or school building. (Self-nominations are not accepted)