We are now taking enrollment requests.
TVLA offers an Alternative School option for at-risk students in grades 7-12. This program combines both on-line and on-site academic support to meet the educational, emotional and social needs of the students enrolled in the program.
Students are referred exclusively through their guidance department or school principal.
The Alternative School option offers:
- An instructor available during evening-hour tutoring sessions in the TCESC computer lab.
- An Ohio Certified Counselor available to provide students with individual support services.
- Ability to work from home and attain all the credits required for grade promotion.
- Access to Trumbull Student Assistance Consortium (TSAC) programs providing education and support from specially-trained educators on the topics of drug/alcohol prevention, anger management, bullying prevention and truancy.
Enrollment requires application from district & intake meeting.
- Students can take up to 5 credits
- Rolling admissions throughout the year
- Work broken into four 9 Week Blocks
- Lab & Teacher Support is available to students weekly at TCESC
- Full year program
· Program available September 4, 2012 - thru May 17, 2013