|The curriculum & instruction department provides high quality support to school districts and educational entities through a wide variety of services. The staff of the curriculum and instruction department is available to meet the needs of individual school districts as they work to improve student achievement including collecting and analyzing data and modeling and promoting best practices to improve student achievement. They also provide services to integrate technology into all curricular areas; enhance technological skills and improve student motivation in the STEM fields.
- Providing school districts with instructional strategies and resources including selection of textbooks and supplemental materials.
- Assisting school districts with individual curriculum needs including alignment, mapping and assessment techniques.
- Creating instructional strategies to meet the needs of students at all learning levels.
- Presenting on various topics at building staff and/or parents meetings.
- Provide professional development for teachers and administrators.
- Modeling lessons in the classrooms.
- Preparing for achievement tests, diagnostics, and the Ohio Graduation Test.
- Integrating technology into curriculum.
- Assisting with spelling bees, district science fairs and career fairs.
- Assisting individual school districts with the development, implementation, and evaluation of Continuous Improvement Plans. This includes facilitating the collection and analysis of data.
- Promoting quality education initiatives and Standards Based Education.
- Assisting districts in analysis of data and retention for data-based decision making.
- Providing resources, mentoring, and support for both the FIRST Lego League and FIRST robotics competitions.