- The pre-service certification process is directed by Bill Leaming, northeast region instructor. (Contact information at right.) Information about the training classes is outlined below. According to Ohio law, the pre-service certificate is now valid for six years.
- At the request of Trumbull County school districts, TCESC issues a separate Trumbull County Schools' Bus Driver certificate each year. This certificate indicates that each driver has completed the following and that these records are on file in the driver's home district:
- Current physical exam (required every year)
- Hearing test
- Current driving abstract/CDL license (P & S endorsements)
- Current pre-service certificate (required every six years)
- Application for TCESC certificate form (required every year)
- BCI & FBI background check reports. Ohio Revised Code requires background checks be completed at the time of pre-service certification, which occurs every six years. If a BCI hard copy is on file with the district of employment, only the FBI is required.
Bus Driver Training is held at Trumbull County ESC in Niles Ohio. It is conducted by the Ohio Department of Education.